REMAINS OF THE WALLED ENCLOSURE OF THE EIGHTEENTH CENTURY

REMAINS OF THE WALLED ENCLOSURE OF THE EIGHTEENTH CENTURY

After the continuous wars with Portugal, the medieval walled city had almost disappeared, leaving the defenseless population, so in 1765 by Royal Decree of 26 February, the construction of a new walled order.

A Valencia de Alcántara since ceased to be a military objective, these new walls lost their functionality and gradually disappeared at the expense of increased urban fabric. Even so, there are still some traces present as their appearance, highlighting the Puerta de las Huertas, single entry that is walled precinct.

Address: Luis Rivera Street, 52
Town: Valencia de Alcántara
Country: España
icon

Share

Google Play QR

Google Play QR

App Store QR

App Store QR