CHURCH OF SAN MIGUEL

CHURCH OF SAN MIGUEL

We can not say exactly when it was founded. Yet known, according to documents in the files of the Board dated April 8, 1570 that was on that day a ”Treaty of the donation of the house of St. Michael to Our Señora de la Peña, and the administration, Pires and his wife Margaret, both in life such association gift House this town. ”

The church of St. Michael is located south-east of Castelo de Vide in a secluded location.This church consists of a single body framing the ship, chancel, vestry and outbuildings housing serving the hermit. The nave is rectangular, trapezoidal the roof section is folded, wood. The triumphal arch separating the nave of the chapel is half point and begins in two simple capitals. In this wall there is a pulpit with rail thin wooden columns handmade.

Address: Martinho Site - EN 246 7320 Castelo de Vide
Town: Castelo de Vide
Country: Portugal
icon

Share

Google Play QR

Google Play QR

App Store QR

App Store QR