CHURCH OF CALVARIO

CHURCH OF CALVARIO

Unable to assess the date of construction of this church. However, it is known that existed before 1650, as seen in the Auto Castelo de Vide, both of this date, in which the states and outside the fortifications.

This church consists of six bodies: chapel, cemetery on high, sacristy, dependance, Chapel Steps and altar. The main chapel is square, the roof is based on a hemispherical dome on pendentives, on the northwest wall of the sacristy door opens, on the southeast side the arch of access to the high altar opens to the ground of the chapel. The altar is in the barrel vault departure from a simple cornice.

Address: Slope S. Roque 7320 Castelo de Vide
Town: Castelo de Vide
Country: Portugal
icon

Share

Google Play QR

Google Play QR

App Store QR

App Store QR