PALACE OF THE CARVAJAES

PALACE OF THE CARVAJAES

Palace of the Carvajaes

The Palace of the Carvajaes, ordered to be built in the late seventeenth century by the Moura and Azevedo family, is today the most important example of civil architecture of the seventeenth century Campomaior.The name of the palace comes from the fact that one of the heirs of Francisco de Moura and Azevedo, Campomaior Governor between 1668 and 1690, who had a residence in the place, married one of the descendants of the house of Carvajaes the Spanish family of Cáceres.

Address: May, 1st Street
Town: Campo Maior
Country: Portugal
icon

Share

Google Play QR

Google Play QR

App Store QR

App Store QR