CHAPEL OF NUESTRA SEÑORA OF THE HITOS

CHAPEL OF NUESTRA SEÑORA OF THE HITOS

The chronicler of the Military Order of Alcántara, Frey Alonso Torres and Tápias indicates that this chapel existed in 1235.

Outside work is simple, is built in masonry slate with granite blocks at the corners. Gives access to a balcony with round arch and gable roof, which houses a niche with an image of Our Lady in alabaster and Child, dating from the sixteenth century. The floor of the temple, in the form of a Latin cross, with a single nave with three sections of barrel vault with lunettes and dome Cruising the scallops to be added as a chapel, covered like the chorus, domed edge. The neo-Gothic altarpiece presides trace the patron candlestick royal nineteenth century.

Address: Polygon, 19, Lot 11.
Town: Alcántara
Country: España
icon

Share

Google Play QR

Google Play QR

App Store QR

App Store QR