SHRINE OF OUR LADY OF THE INCARNATION

SHRINE OF OUR LADY OF THE INCARNATION

Dona Elvira Gutiérrez, Francisco Palomeque widow, and her son Juan Palomeque Paper, funded the construction of the chapel in 1574, where Mass was celebrated for the first time on March 20 this year.

In mid-eighteenth century was disassembled to fit in a real shop and forge. The old building is only preserved the facade, which features a beautiful Renaissance portal that opens into an arch. In the spandrels of the arch, there are two high relief medallions representing the Apostles St. Peter and St. Paul.

Address: Altozano Street, nº 11.
Town: Alcántara
Country: España
icon

Share

Google Play QR

Google Play QR

App Store QR

App Store QR