The Jurumeña street, along with Toledillo Street and New Street, were the old Jewish quarter of Barcarrota.
In 1866 it was erected in the Square of Spain, a statue of the conqueror marble by sculptor Fortunato José da Silva and promoted by Luis Villanueva and Canedo.
In 1964, he got ”The Monolith” on Monte Street. It is a pillar of iron sheets of concrete coated with gray granite.
Other work associated indirectly with the conqueror, but not its existence of work in America would not have been possible that, over time, it must be raised in Barcarrota, is the Friendship Monument.
Finally, also to highlight the figure of the Adelantado Hernando de Soto and the bonds of twinning Barcarrota and Bradenton, the June 23, 2012, in commemoration of the 50th anniversary of this twinning, opened the Museum House Hernando de Soto
In summer 1992 there was the unusual discovery of a collection of books (printed and handwritten ten) of the sixteenth century in a dwelling in which the reforms were underway.