The “Núcleo Museológico da Alfaía Agrícola” of Estremoz was born from small samples of agricultural implements in the “Ferias de Artesanía” of Estremoz, which led to a major exhibition at the “Feria internacional Agropecuaria y de la Artesanía” of Estremoz, the which took place from 1st to May 8th 1987, where they were exposed more than 4000 pieces collected by Mr Crispim Vicente Serrano (Official CME)
Building constructed during the reign of D. João V, was initially used as Poços de Concelho and later purchased by the Marquis of Praia e Monforte
The ”Pacos do Concelho” medieval were originally built, probably, in the fourteenth century, during the reign of D. Alfonso IV (r. 1325-1357). The building has three distinct bodies, the ”galile”, the ”Torre do Relógio” and ”Sala do Concelho”.
The Prof. Joaquim Vermelho Municipal Museum is housed in a building of the century XIII / XIV, which over the years has been suffering some renovations so as to adapt to the various functions which hosted, as Hospício da Caridade, the Escola Régia, the Escola Primária Masculine and Industrial & Commercial.