Beautiful window molding from the Manueline period
The Governor´s House is an elegant building with railings and wrought iron notable works of the seventeenth century. It was the residence of the military governor of the city and an example of the importance of the village for their civil architecture.
Important medieval building, which was filled with rain water and served to supply the population over 6 months. Its upper part is formed by three skylights provide light to the interior. Contains 24.68 m long, 7, 15 m wide and 6.5 m high. The castle and then had a good referral system rainwater, indicating that this construction was raised to operate in the event of war.
Franciscan convent established in 1448, associated with the memory of an ”apparition” of the Virgin. Early Gothic chapel of Nossa Senhora da Estrela, with baroque altarpiece marble Estremoz eighteenth century, houses a statue of the Virgin and Child.
Keep, built by King Dinis in the thirteenth and fourteenth century, was grounded on the protection against attacks, always serving and defense stronghold struggles against Castile. The twelfth century - XIII are the walls and door of the Romanesque style, with narrow slits.
Magnificent architectural work of the eighteenth century built outside the walls. In the century. XIX was brought stone by stone to the village.
The railroad station is undoubtedly the most impressive monument of the city called Beira. In this building you can admire beautiful tile panels illustrating the various points of interest in the Alentejo region and the rest of the country, signed by Jorge Colaco.
Built in 1804 in the construction of traditional polygonal temples of this invocation, with dome. It reflects the popular piety of the ”steps” that expanded in this century by the Alentejo.
Old Town Hall, the sixteenth century, with notes of Manueline style. In her memories are preserved county jails. The Culture House today contains: Historical Archive reading room (old guardroom) ArteViejo Gallery Court, where the statesman Mouzinho da Silveira worked as a judge, meeting rooms, auditorium and Craft Workshop (Old Jail) .
The castle in the north of the village, at the highest point in the area, and controls the entrance to the plaza. It has two distinct areas, connected by a network of walls and towers that line the main square and reservoirs of strength. The amazing view distances quickly reaches cloudy days.
Artistically, this work is one of the rare examples of Manueline art in the village of Marvão
This temple century. XVI, has in the renaissance portal pediment crowned by a niche with a statue of the Virgin in stone. Within a single nave with a carved pulpit and altar.
It parish since the fourteenth century, the Order of the Hospital, and the Priory of Malta retains much of the early Gothic elements.
Gothic Chapel, home of the parish since 1321 according to the Order of the Hospital and later, the Priory of the Order of Malta. In the century. XVI undergoes expansion and remodeling. Inside the chapel of the century. XVIII, no wooden Baroque altar, tiled with figurative panels and a wrought iron fence century. XVII. Beginning in 1987, houses the Municipal Museum with the nuclei of archeology, ethnography, religious art, epigraphy and the armory.
Symbol of the judiciary, dating from the XV / XVI century. He or he applies corporal punishment and offenders exposed. According to tradition any criminal could perish here. The death penalty was imposed on the gallows outside the village. Property of Public Interest desde1933
The bridge toll granite transposition of Sever River, is one of the many ”ex-libris” of the province of Marvão and can be considered as one of the best known works of road engineering in Alentejo