In the centre of the medieval village arises the “Torre da Menagem”, one of the best preserved in the country. With about 27 meters high, it has a quadrangular floor, crowned with battlements in pyramidal form.
According to Tulio Espanca, in this location there was an oratory built in 1659 by D. Luisa de Gusmão, widow of D. João IV (r. 1640-1656), in gratitude to the Portuguese side´s victory in the Battle of the ”Linhas de Elvas”.
Although the works of this temple began in 1560 thanks to the patronage of the Archbishop of Évora, the Cardinal Infante D. Henrique (future King of Portugal between 1578 and 1580), and King D. Sebastião (r. 1557-1578), the works ends in the early seventeenth century.
Already existed in the 1270s, and it´s known that in 1272 it´s custody belonged to Lisbon, but after the creation of Évora in 1330, it gained the control over the Church.
The Convent of ”Nossa Senhora da Conceição dos Congregados do Oratório of São Filipe Nery of Estremoz” was sent to construct in 1697 by D. Pedro II (r. 1675-1706). Between 1698 and 1700, the works began, and in 1703 began the second campaign, already with the church started. In the mid-eighteenth century are added the tile panels that are all over the convent.
Perched on the highest point of a hill 481 meters above sea level on the western end of the ”Serra d´Ossa”, Évoramonte´s Castle dominates the vast alentejan plain that surrounds.